Things to do in the Poconos
- Mountain Biking in the Poconos
- Whitewater Rafting in the Poconos
- Hiking in the Poconos
- Play Disc Golf in the Poconos
- Flow into Yoga on the Bike Trail
- Go Camping at Hickory Run State Park
- Go on a Guided Bike Tour
- Grab a bite to eat at the Hungry Bear in Hickory Run State Park
- Checkout Peterson Ski and Cycle for new biking gear
- Checkout Lake Harmony for SUP Rentals and other Water Sports
1. Mountain Biking in the Poconos
Bike Rentals in the Poconos are available all over the Pocono Plateau from East to West and let’s just say Pocono Bike Rental (#1 on Trip Advisor) has got you covered for over 150 square miles of bike riding in the Poconos! From Jim Thorpe, Biking to Rockport, White Haven and Glen Summit is easy with our VIP Shuttle Service for Rail Trail Biking Fun on the world famous Lehigh Gorge Trail!
Are you riding the famous Lehigh Gorge Bike Trail and you need a bike rental or VIP Shuttle for the day? Or are you in need of a bike for some light bike riding and transit throughout your Pocono Vacation Home Community? Pocono Bike Rental and Outdoors offers the best VIP Service and Top of the Line Multi-Day Bike Rentals delivered right to your door as well the best daily bike rentals on the Lehigh Gorge Trail!
2. Whitewater Rafting in the Poconos
The best valued, most adrenaline pumping, most challenging Pocono whitewater rafting and kayaking adventures on the Lehigh River are with us! In cooperation with the PREMIER VIP whitewater rafting and Lehigh River Outfitter in the Poconos we provide the most satisfying and affordable Poconos Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking experience there is. Call now for more information and to book your Poconos Whitewater and Jim Thorpe River Rafting Adventure: 570-899-5025.
We run the most personalized VIP Rafting and Kayaking trips on the Lehigh River in the Poconos. We use a unique format of limiting the trip sizes and with extra highly trained river guides this allows you, the guest, to be safer, see more wildlife, learn more history and have way more fun! Get ready for the best day you’ll have all year!
Natural Wonders and Waterfalls Tour – One of the best Poconos Hiking tours premiers from Pocono Bike Rentals and Outdoors. These are WEEKEND ONLY events from May through September and MUST be reserved in advance. The Natural Wonders and Waterfalls Adventure Tour begins at high noon, 12:00 PM, when your shuttle departs from the heart of the Poconos in White Haven, PA. We start our journey in our Modern, Chartered VIP Shuttle from the Lehigh Gorge State Park, White Haven South Access Point and proceed to the Francis E. Walter Dam, an engineering marvel that offers both flood protection for hundreds of square miles, great fishing and supports a boating, SUP, kayaking, commercial and recreational whitewater rafting industry.
The Poconos Hiking portions of this event are at; Hawk Falls, Buttermilk Falls and Boulder Field which are in the famous Hickory Run State Park! These and other Poconos Hiking Trails in PA are exciting and fun.All four seasons here in the Northeastern PA Poconos Region offer a great experience for anyone wanting to see nature and stay fit at the same time! These truly AMAZING waterfalls and creek confluences are easy to hike for most anyone on these beginner to moderate trails. For more info go to the: Hickory Run State Park web page to learn more.
4. Play Disc Golf in the Poconos
– 1 Day Disc Golf – Rental Discs and Bag – All you need to play disc golf, rent disc golf gear for $14.95 Bag, Scorecard/Map, Pencil, 3 Discs: (Driver, Mid-range and Putter).
– 1 Day Package – Poconos DISC GOLF & BIKING – $69.95 Discs and Bag rental included. (2 person min.) with a sport mountain bike rental and Glen Summit bike shuttle (10am), plus disc golf bag rental for use at the Linesville Park Disc Golf Course, Eurana Park, Mountain Top American Legion, Francis E. Walter Dam or Hickory Run State Park. This is an unguided biking and disc golf event, anyone can participate. (Approx. 4-5 hours.)
– 1 Day Lesson – Poconos DISC GOLF Lesson & Round – $59.95 Discs and Bag rental included. (2 person min.) meet at Linesville Park Course or the Francis E. Walter Dam Course(s), limited availability please call ahead to reserve. (Hickory Run course add $10/pp.) This is a guided/instructed event and anyone can participate. (Approx. 2-3 hours.)
5. Flow into Yoga on the Bike Trail
Go Biking and practice Yoga in the Poconos with Pocono Bike Rental and NEARME Yoga in the world famous Lehigh Gorge State Park, on the #1 Rail Trail in America; (as searched on: RailstoTrails.org). The most natural yoga “studio” in the Poconos is a serene mountain meadow alongside the beautiful Lehigh River, capturing Mother Nature at her finest!
Yoga on the Bike Trail is where you will indulge in a peaceful yoga practice immersed in the sound rich surroundings of the forest. Here under the canopy of this protected park lies the best outdoor yoga studio in the Poconos. You will be guided through your personal practice grounded in the calming wilderness with the amazingly talented instructors from NEARME Yoga (hosts of; NEPA Yoga Festival, the largest annual Yoga Festival in the Poconos Region).
During your Yoga on the Bike Trail outdoor adventure you will get to see nature’s wild wonders along the Lehigh Gorge Trail including; the Whitewater Lehigh River rapids, amazing waterfalls, scenic overlooks, unique rock outcroppings, remnants of a quartz crystal mine, historical landmarks and the 1,000 foot mountain walls of the incredible Lehigh Gorge!
6. Go Camping at Hickory Run State Park
Hickory Run State Park is a 15,990-acre Pennsylvania state park in White Haven, PA. The park is spread across the Pocono Mountains. The campground and park are easily accessible from Interstate 476 and Interstate 80. More than 40 miles of hiking trails, Three state park natural areas, Miles of trout streams and hundreds of camping sites, pet friendly, RV Sites and Cabin Rentals.
Boulder Field, a striking boulder-strewn area, is a National Natural Landmark. Make your camping online reservations here or call toll-free 888-PA-PARKS (888-727-2757), from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday to Saturday. Here at the park you can:
- Cool off your feet in waters below Hawk Falls.
- Enjoy hiking the Shades of Death Trail.
- Play 18-holes of disc golf.
- View the Lehigh Gorge along Fireline Trail.
- Pull a wild brook trout from Hickory Run or Mud Run.
- Go swimming in Sand Spring Lake.
- Have a picnic with food from the Hungry at Sand Springs Lake.
- Spend a weekend with the family in a rustic camping cottage.
- Visit a neighbor — Lehigh Gorge State Park!
On our expertly guided Pocono Biking Tours you will see and learn about the famous ruins of the 2nd largest leather tannery in the US during the 1800’s . We will take photos of a part of our nation’s history at Lock #25 and dozens of others along the Lehigh River canal and dam system while you are biking and hiking around. Learn more on this tour about how the mighty Lehigh River was tamed and used to transport lumber and coal to build America!
Our Pocono Biking Tours focus on ensuring you and your family and/or friends enjoy a picturesque, safe, fun day on the trail. Signs along the trail educate you about the local sites and experiences available but we take it a step further as we know where all the cool spots are and how to access them safely. Take a ride with us on the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail for a healthy day of outdoor fun in a Poconos Family Vacation Destination that is unmatched! Your guide will be taking great pictures along the way but you can get way cool footage by renting one of our GoPros!
8. Grab a bite to eat at the Hungry Bear in Hickory Run State Park
Are you a Hungry Bear?
Get 10% at the Hungry Bear just by mentioning Pocono Bike Rental on the day of your bike tour with us. The Hungry Bear Snack Bar has; sandwiches, drinks, ice cream, and snacks. They can cater for parties, picnic style lunches and school outings in the 100’s. Some beach equipment is available for purchase as well.
You can enjoy a clean sandy beach at Sand Spring Lake, which is open from late May to mid-September, 8:00 A.M. to sunset. Please read and follow posted rules for swimming. Swim at your own risk. Smoking is prohibited on the beach and in the swimming area.
9. Checkout Peterson Ski and Cycle for new biking gear
Peterson’s Bicycle Service
Peterson’s Ski and Cycle provides you with the information and equipment necessary to make the best decision when buying bikes and cycling accessories. We make sure that you are happy with your purchases for many miles down the road/trail by supporting you with exceptional service. (570) 646-9223
A Tuned Bike is a Happy Bike!
We at Peterson’s Ski and Cycle take pride in the work we do! Let us tune your bike and get it working like new again… Shifting poorly, skipping gears, brakes not working? When was the last time you tuned your bike? Sometimes the solution to making your bike ride like new again is as simple as a tune-up. Why not let us take care of it, and get back to having fun biking…. (570) 646-9223
Home Service Option
Can’t transport your bikes to us. Let Peterson’s Ski and Cycle come to you. Home service is available upon appointment only. We also offer delivery and pick-up services for a small fee. Please call the store for details.
Need Parts / Tools?
We stock a wide assortment of parts and tools for most bicycles, however with all of the different sizes and configurations, we can’t stock all parts for all bicycles. If we don’t have it we will certainly get it for you… usually within a few days (depending on availability). Have the professionals at Peterson’s Ski and Cycle do it to be sure the part you need is compatible with your bike or component. (570) 646-9223
10. Checkout Lake Harmony for SUP Rentals and other Water Sports
Have you been here, Yeti?
Welcome to Yeti Water Sports, the Premier location in the Poconos on Lake Harmony for your water sport and boating activities. Whether you’re looking for the action and excitement of riding on water or a relaxing trip around the lake, we have you covered. Tubing, Kayaking, Stand Up Paddle boards, Canoes, Row Boats, Pedal Boat Rentals or take a leisurely cruise on our 24′ Pontoon boat while enjoying a tour around the natural beauty of Lake Harmony.
– Open to the Public at Split Rock Resort.
– Activities for all ages and abilities.
– Snacks and beverages available on site.
– Free and convenient parking.
– Our location at the Split Rock Resort boat docks provides instant access to Lake Harmony.
– Walk-ins are always welcome. 570-215-0009
Stay tuned for more info on the Things to do in the Poconos 2019! Meanwhile; Check out the Lehigh Gorge Bike Trial Video Below…