Top 5 things to do for the 4th of July in the Poconos
- Go Whitewater Rafting on the Lehigh River
- Go Mountain Biking on the Lehigh Gorge Trail
- Play Disc Golf in the Poconos
- Go Swimming at Hickory Run State Park
- Go Hiking at Hawk Falls, Boulder Field, Buttermilk Falls and more…
#1 Lehigh River Poconos Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking Adventures
The best valued, most adrenaline pumping, whitewater rafting and kayaking adventures on the Lehigh River are with us! You will have the best service, most value and the thrill of your life! Our Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking trips are available daily from May through September but some of the biggest thrills fall on the weekends throughout the Summer season when there are dam releases which is why it’s #1 of the top 5 things to do for the 4th of July. These sell out quickly so please book ahead. Get ready for the best day you’ll have all year! Click here for our whitewater rafting prices.
#2 Mountain Biking in the Poconos
Pocono Bike Rentals and Outdoor Adventures – Pocono Bike Rentals is centrally located at the heart of the Poconos, in the historic timber and coal industry town of White Haven, PA. Nestled between the newly minted D&L Black Diamond Rail Trail (10 miles) and what’s nationally recognized as a must see while in PA is the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail (26 miles). Pocono Bike Rental is at the epicenter of Poconos Biking and has the lowest price and best VIP bike rentals in the Poconos. Alongside the trail you follow the famous Class III+ Lehigh River.
Enjoy Poconos Mountain Biking in the Lehigh Gorge State Park on the world famous Lehigh Gorge Trail, after going Whitewater Rafting or Kayaking on that very same river! You are guaranteed to see spectacular wonders of nature combined with some of our nation’s most cherished historical remains! Over 3 hours of fun along the water biking making it #2 of the top 5 things to do for the 4th of July. ! These VIP bike rentals in the Poconos sell out quickly so please book ahead. Get ready for the best day you’ll have all year!
#3 Learn to Play Disc Golf
– 1 Day Package – Poconos DISC GOLF & BIKING – $69.95 Discs and Bag rental included. (2 person min.) with a sport mountain bike rental and Glen Summit bike shuttle (10am), plus disc golf bag rental for use at the Linesville Park Disc Golf Course, Eurana Park, Mountain Top American Legion, Francis E. Walter Dam or Hickory Run State Park. This is an unguided biking and disc golf event, anyone can participate. (Approx. 4-5 hours.)
– 1 Day Lesson – Poconos DISC GOLF Lesson & Round – $59.95 Discs and Bag rental included. (2 person min.) meet at Linesville Park Course or the Francis E. Walter Dam Course(s), limited availability please call ahead to reserve. (Hickory Run course add $10/pp.) This is a guided/instructed event and anyone can participate. (Approx. 2-3 hours.)
#4 Are you ready for swimming at the beach?
You can enjoy a clean sandy beach at Sand Spring Lake, which is open from late May to mid-September, 8:00 A.M. to sunset. Please read and follow posted rules for swimming. Swim at your own risk (NO LIFE GUARD ON DUTY). Smoking is prohibited on the beach and in the swimming area.
Get 10% at the Hungry Bear just by mentioning Pocono Bike Rental on the day of your bike tour with us. The Hungry Bear Snack Bar has; sandwiches, drinks, ice cream, and snacks. They can cater for parties, picnic style lunches and school outings in the 100’s. Some beach equipment is available for purchase as well. Just another reason why this outdoor activity makes it #4 of the top 5 things to do for the 4th of July.
#5 Go Hiking in the Poconos at Hawk Falls, Boulder Field and Buttermilk Falls
Natural Wonders and Waterfalls Tour – One of the best Poconos Hiking tours premiers from Pocono Bike Rentals and Outdoors. These are WEEKEND ONLY events from May through September and MUST be reserved in advance. The Natural Wonders and Waterfalls Adventure Tour begins at high noon, 12:00 PM, when your shuttle departs from the heart of the Poconos in White Haven, PA. We start our journey in our Modern, Chartered VIP Shuttle from the Lehigh Gorge State Park, White Haven South Access Point and proceed to the Francis E. Walter Dam, an engineering marvel that offers both flood protection for hundreds of square miles, great fishing and supports a boating, SUP, kayaking, commercial and recreational whitewater rafting industry.
The Poconos Hiking portions of this event are at; Hawk Falls, Buttermilk Falls and Boulder Field which are in the famous Hickory Run State Park! These and other Poconos Hiking Trails in PA are exciting and fun.All four seasons here in the Northeastern PA Poconos Region offer a great experience for anyone wanting to see nature and stay fit at the same time! These truly AMAZING waterfalls and creek confluences are easy to hike for most anyone on these beginner to moderate trails. For more info go to the:Hickory Run State Park web page to learn more.