Things to do in the Poconos – Labor Day Weekend 2022
Labor day weekend in the Poconos is great way to end the summer with a bang! Enjoy the cooler temperatures as we approach autumn in the Pocono Mountains while biking, hiking and playing disc golf. Don’t let them however affect your decision to go Whitewater Rafting or camping at Hickory Run State Park. There is nothing that beats waking up in your tent and emerging into a crisp morning dew rather than a sweaty one, mid-summer haze!
- Mountain Biking in the Poconos
- Whitewater Rafting in the Poconos
- Hiking in the Poconos
- Play Disc Golf in the Poconos
- Go Camping at Hickory Run State Park
1. Mountain Biking in the Poconos
Mountain Bike Rentals in the Poconos are available for use all over the Pocono Plateau from East to West! Pocono Bike Rental (#1 on Trip Advisor) has got you covered for over 150 square miles of bike riding in the Poconos! From Jim Thorpe, Biking to Rockport, White Haven and Glen Summit is easy with our VIP Shuttle Service for Rail Trail Biking Fun on the world famous Lehigh Gorge Trail!
Are you riding the famous Lehigh Gorge Bike Trail and you need a bike rental or VIP Shuttle for the day? Or are you in need of a bike for some light bike riding and transit throughout your Pocono Vacation Home Community? Pocono Bike Rental and Outdoors offers the best VIP Service and Top of the Line Multi-Day Bike Rentals delivered right to your door as well the best daily bike rentals on the Lehigh Gorge Trail!
2. Whitewater Rafting in the Poconos
The best valued, most adrenaline pumping, most challenging Pocono whitewater rafting and kayaking adventures on the Lehigh River are with us! In cooperation with the PREMIER VIP whitewater rafting and Lehigh River Outfitter in the Poconos we provide the most satisfying and affordable Poconos Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking experience there is. Call now for more information and to book your Poconos Whitewater and Jim Thorpe River Rafting Adventure: 570-899-5025.
We run the most personalized VIP Rafting and Kayaking trips on the Lehigh River in the Poconos. We use a unique format of limiting the trip sizes and with extra highly trained river guides this allows you, the guest, to be safer, see more wildlife, learn more history and have way more fun! Get ready for the best day you’ll have all year!
Natural Wonders and Waterfalls Tour – One of the best Poconos Hiking tours premiers from Pocono Bike Rentals and Outdoors. These are WEEKEND ONLY events from May through September and MUST be reserved in advance. The Natural Wonders and Waterfalls Adventure Tour begins at high noon, 12:00 PM, when your shuttle departs from the heart of the Poconos in White Haven, PA. We start our journey in our Modern, Chartered VIP Shuttle from the Lehigh Gorge State Park, White Haven South Access Point and proceed to the Francis E. Walter Dam, an engineering marvel that offers both flood protection for hundreds of square miles, great fishing and supports a boating, SUP, kayaking, commercial and recreational whitewater rafting industry.
The Poconos Hiking portions of this event are at; Hawk Falls, Buttermilk Falls and Boulder Field which are in the famous Hickory Run State Park! These and other Poconos Hiking Trails in PA are exciting and fun. All four seasons here in the Northeastern PA Poconos Region offer a great experience for anyone wanting to see nature and stay fit at the same time! These truly AMAZING waterfalls and creek confluences are easy to hike for most anyone on these beginner to moderate trails. For more info go to the: Hickory Run State Park web page to learn more.
4. Play Disc Golf in the Poconos
– 1 Day Disc Golf – Rental Discs and Bag – All you need to play disc golf, rent disc golf gear for $14.95 Bag, Scorecard/Map, Pencil, 3 Discs: (Driver, Mid-range and Putter).
– 1 Day Package – Poconos DISC GOLF & BIKING – $69.95 Discs and Bag rental included. (2 person min.) with a sport mountain bike rental and Glen Summit bike shuttle (10am), plus disc golf bag rental for use at the Linesville Park Disc Golf Course, Eurana Park, Mountain Top American Legion, Francis E. Walter Dam or Hickory Run State Park. This is an unguided biking and disc golf event, anyone can participate. (Approx. 4-5 hours.)
– 1 Day Lesson – Poconos DISC GOLF Lesson & Round – $59.95 Discs and Bag rental included. (2 person min.) meet at Linesville Park Course or the Francis E. Walter Dam Course(s), limited availability please call ahead to reserve. (Hickory Run course add $10/pp.) This is a guided/instructed event and anyone can participate. (Approx. 2-3 hours.)
5. Go Camping at Hickory Run State Park
Hickory Run State Park is a 15,990-acre Pennsylvania state park in White Haven, PA. The park is spread across the Pocono Mountains. The campground and park are easily accessible from Interstate 476 and Interstate 80. More than 40 miles of hiking trails, Three state park natural areas, Miles of trout streams and hundreds of camping sites, pet friendly, RV Sites and Cabin Rentals.
Boulder Field, a striking boulder-strewn area, is a National Natural Landmark. Make your camping online reservations here or call toll-free 888-PA-PARKS (888-727-2757), from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday to Saturday. Here at the park you can:
- Cool off your feet in waters below Hawk Falls.
- Enjoy hiking the Shades of Death Trail.
- Play 18-holes of disc golf.
- View the Lehigh Gorge along the Fireline Trail.
- Pull a wild brook trout from Hickory Run or Mud Run.
- Go swimming in Sand Spring Lake.
- Have a picnic and grill some food at the many grilling spots.
- Spend a weekend with the family in a rustic camping cottage.
- Visit a neighbor — The Lehigh Gorge State Park and go biking along the river!
SAVE $5 OFF Bike Rentals Join our VIP CLUB!
Stay tuned for more info on the Things to do in the Poconos 2022 as well our reliable Fall Foliage Reports! Meanwhile; Check out the Lehigh Gorge Bike Trial Video Below…