Things to do in the Poconos besides Whitewater Rafting
Since Whitewater Rafting is CANCELLED this Labor Day Weekend due to high water, what’s left to do is still pretty darn AWESOME! The Lehigh River might be closed but the Lehigh Gorge trail is still open for biking and hiking, Hickory Run is still open for playing disc golf and swimming, and all around Jim Thorpe, White Haven and Lake Harmony outdoor and indoor dining is still spectacular! Check out The Powerhouse Eatery in White Haven, Shenanigan’s on Lake Harmony, MYST in Downtown Jim Thorpe and Dom-N-Ali’s 2 miles from the turnpike entrance for Jim Thorpe/Lake Harmony.
Pocono Bike Rentals and Outdoor Adventures – Pocono Bike Rentals is centrally located at the heart of the Poconos, in the historic timber and coal industry town of White Haven, PA. Nestled between the newly minted D&L Black Diamond Rail Trail (10 miles) and what’s nationally recognized as a must see while in PA is the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail (26 miles). Pocono Bike Rentals is at the epicenter of Poconos Biking and has the lowest price and best bike rentals in the Poconos. Alongside the trail you follow the famous Class III+ Lehigh River. Call now to confirm availability and then book online to save money on your Poconos biking adventure: 570-899-0400. (2 person minimum)
Starting September 27, 2021 – White Haven Bike Rentals and Shuttle Drop offs for the Lehigh Gorge State Park will be at The Historic Tannery Parking Lot on Tannery Road, White Haven, PA
Pocono Bike Rental provides White Haven Bike Rentals and VIP Bike Shuttle Service on the Lehigh Gorge Trail in White Haven, PA at the former Tannery Building Parking lot – FALL SEASON ONLY Starting September 27, 2021. . Pocono Bike Rental is centrally located at the heart of the Poconos in White Haven, PA close to all the Pocono Outdoor Adventure Fun! We are a full service bike rentals and VIP shuttle service offering VIP Service now meeting at the former Tannery Building parking lot in White Haven with service to Rockport and Glen Onoko. We meet in Jim Thorpe near the end of what’s known as the world famous Lehigh Gorge Trail at the Glen Onoko Access Point. Call now to confirm availability and then book online to save money on your Poconos Biking Adventure: 570-899-0400
Below: Lehigh Tannery Historic Site, 197 Tannery Road, White Haven, PA 18661 Temporarily White Haven Bike Rentals Location and Shuttle Drop Off
IMPORTANT INFO: We now meet you right inside the Lehigh Gorge State Park at the former Tannery Building parking lot in White Haven, FALL SEASON ONLY! This Lehigh Gorge State Park trail head is located just off of PA State Route 534 on Tannery Road. We will be in a well marked shuttle van with an orange safety cone next to it and a trailer full of bikes. The exact address is: Lehigh Tannery Historic Site, 197 Tannery Road, White Haven, PA 18661.
PLEASE CALL AHEAD for availability and SAVE NOW! Biking in the Poconos with Pocono Bike Rental on the Lehigh Gorge Bike Trail is truly like no other rail trail biking experience! The riding temperature inside the 1000′ walls of the Lehigh Gorge State Park is naturally cooler because you are less exposed to direct sunlight which equals more fun!
DISC GOLF in the POCONOS
– 1 Day Package – Poconos DISC GOLF & BIKING – $59.95 Discs and Bag rental included. (2 person min.) with a sport bike rental and bike shuttle from Rockport or to Glen Summit, plus disc golf bag rental for day use at the Linesville Park Disc Golf Course,, Francis E. Walter Dam or Hickory Run State Park courses in White Haven, PA. This is an unguided biking and disc golf event, anyone can participate. (Approx. 4-5 hours, 2 person min. MIDWEEK ONLY)
– 1 Day Event – Poconos DISC GOLF Lesson & Round – $69.95 Discs and Bag rental included. (2 person min.) meet at Linesville Park Course or the Francis E. Walter Dam Course(s), limited availability please call ahead to reserve. This is a guided/instructed event and anyone can participate. (Approx. 2-3 hours, 2 person min.)
– 1 Day Rental Discs and Bag – All you need to play disc golf, rent disc golf gear for $14.95 Bag, Scorecard/Map, Pencil, 3 Discs: (Driver, Mid-range and Putter).
Fall Foliage Biking in the Poconos
Check this out; Mountain biking with Pocono Bike Rental in the world famous Lehigh Gorge State Park is truly like no other biking experience! Imagine yourself, comfortably riding a modern finely tuned bicycle, over a PA State maintained former railroad bed, inside a green canopy of thousands of acres of untouched nature as mother earth intended for you to enjoy! During fall foliage season having less humidity and lots of sunny days, the Poconos provides the perfect setting for year round Pocono Bike Rental fun!
Poconos Fall Foliage Peak Season Calendar
- September 18-19
- September 25-26
- October 2-3
- October 9-10
- October 16-17
- October 23-24
- October 30, 31
- 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm – White Haven to Jim Thorpe Fall Foliage Tour – DAILY – $54.95
– All inclusive bike rental and VIP shuttle from Jim Thorpe to White Haven inside the Lehigh Gorge State Park. (with a Sport Bike Rental included) PROMPT VIP Shuttle Service starts in the FREE PARKING Glen Onoko Access Area in Jim Thorpe with a 30 minute VIP shuttle ride to White Haven.
The changing seasons offer many opportunities to experience the Lehigh Gorge State Park and it’s unique beauty and history. Fall has great mountain biking beauty with the backdrop of the amazing foliage as well as summer in it’s full bloom! Mountain biking in the Poconos with Pocono Bike Rental is a great year round activity and it is as easy as renting a bike from us and hitting the trail a block away from our shop! To get an idea of the different trails check out our Lehigh Gorge Trail info page. We also carry a large assortment of: Healthy Snacks, Fresh Fruit, Power Bars and Sports Drinks.
Check out the Fall Foliage by way of an all inclusive self-guided tour! The trail head drop-off VIP Shuttle and Mountain Bike Rental Service below is second to none! Come experience the safest most valued VIP Shuttle Service out of Jim Thorpe – The Pocono Outdoors Fall Foliage biking tours! You can bike down the world famous Lehigh Gorge Trail for just $54.95 each! (2 person minimum, see below for more details) Pennsylvania Fall Foliage is some of the best in the world! A Fall Bike Ride is exactly what you need to end summer on a great note! Call us now: 570-899-0400 to check for availability then book online to save money!