All COVID-19 Safety Processes will be done in accordance with the PA Bureau of State Parks COVID-19 Concessions Safety Guidelines. These, combined with industry specific, outdoor adventure sports precautions, local and state government recommendations and current CDC Guidelines.
“My mask protects you, your mask protects me.”
A – Oversight
- Oversight by owner Tom Williams.
- Employee Screening done by Owner, (Wilderness, Remote Area First Aid and CPR Certified), with Infrared Thermometer before start of work. Verbal Q&A to determine if staff member is symptomatic or has come in contact with anyone who is or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Procedures for a potential COVID-19 exposure will include documentation, internal and external contact tracing, removal from company property/activities, recommend self-quarantine and consult their physician.
B – Employee/Operator Responsibilities
- Employee hygiene will include wearing facial masks, using hand sanitizer and maintaining cleanliness of all working environments.
- Illness or COVID-19 Exposure reporting will be done immediately upon symptoms being present and or confirmation via personal testing.
- Employee training will be done in accordance with the Bureau of State Parks COVID-19 Concessions Safety Guidelines combined with these additional safety precautions listed herein.
C – Social Distancing
- Work Processes; 10 feet between work areas in and around shuttle vehicles and transport trailers. Reduced shuttle capacity and rental times.
- Staff; will maintain at least a 6-foot distance during operations.
- Visitors and Customers; less than 10 people per reservation slot, maintain 6-foot social distancing, we can pre-approve clustering for close friends, in groups and/or families. If you are experiencing any COVID like systems please give us a call and we can reschedule your trip free of charge.
D – Operational Best Practices
- Sanitation – shuttle vehicle sanitizing will be done each shuttle run throughout the day, shared equipment such as bikes and helmets will be sanitized after each use.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn by all employees and patrons. We will provide masks, disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer free of charge to our customers. Our motto is: “My mask protects you; your mask protects me.”
- Redesign of operations – we will use limited shuttle seating capacity and seating arrangements like airlines have currently implemented (every other seat). Clustering options are only available to pre-approved, affiliated parties/reservations such as close family and friends but no more than 10 people per gathering.
- Public contact barriers – we will use safety cones to maintain social distancing at pickup and drop off locations. Safety guidelines will be published online, our e-newsletter, over the phone and in person.
E – Managing sickness in the workforce
- Procedures for a potential COVID-19 sickness during business operations will include documentation, internal and external contact tracing, removal from company property/activities, recommend self-quarantine and to consult their physician.
- Employees can return to work post illness after 14 days symptom free and with a release form from their treating physician.
- Notification to the Park of any illness in the workforce will be done immediately and according to any protocols necessary.
Documentation of the PoconoBikeRental.com COVID-19 Safety Protocols will be published here at www.PoconoBikeRental.com, in our e-newsletter and blog. Any new announcements or changes will be updated online. The PA Bureau of State Parks COVID-19 Concessions Safety Guidelines can be found below.